This module has been developed specifically for The NUS Executive MBA Programme. This module focuses on the management and marketing of services and complements the modules on Marketing Strategy, Competitive Strategy & Business Policy, and Logistics & Operations Management.
Creating and marketing value in today’s increasingly service- and knowledge-based economies require an understanding of the powerful design and packaging of ‘intangible’ benefits and products, high-quality service operations and enabling technologies, motivated and competent service employees, a loyal and profitable customer base, and the development and implementation of a coherent service strategy to transform these assets into improved business performance.
- Creating & Capturing Value in the Service Economy
- Technology in Service (Robotics, AI, Platforms)
- The Service-Profit Chain
- Managing Customer Loyalty (Wheel of Loyalty, CRM, Segmentation & Tiering of Services)
- Understanding Service Quality and Diagnosing Quality Shortfalls
- Managing Service Quality Initiatives & Redesigning Customer Service Processes
• To provide an appreciation and understanding of the unique challenges inherent in
managing, marketing, and delivering service excellence at a profit. Participants will be
introduced to, and have the opportunity to work with, tools and strategies that address these
• To develop an understanding of the ‘state of the art’ of service management thinking.
• To promote a customer service-oriented mind-set.