After completing this course, learners will be able to analyze risks and challenges associated with technology-enabled financial market transformation and will have a solid understanding of the social, economic, and political challenges and tradeoffs associated with transformation of financial markets using technology-enabled innovations, including:
- Describe what FinTech is and why it matters in Financial Markets.
- Categorize different types of innovations and transformations associated with FinTech.
- Understand how FinTech fits within the historical perspective of financial transformation.
- Defend the conflicting perspectives that there is “nothing new in FinTech” and “FinTech is a revolutionary change in the fundamental nature of financial markets today”.
- Develop an implementation and marketing plan to address a specific issue involving regulation of FinTech innovations, businesses, or markets, using principles and concepts learned in prior courses in the specialization, customized to a specific market situation.
Course Date & Time
Thursdays, 20:00-22:00 (Hong Kong Time)