Learners of this course will be able to analyze risks and challenges associated with technology-enabled financial market transformation and will have a solid understanding of the social, economic, and political challenges and tradeoffs associated with the transformation of financial markets using technology-enabled innovations, including:
• Describe what FinTech is and why it matters in Financial Markets.
• Categorize different types of innovations and transformations associated with FinTech.
• Understand how FinTech fits within the historical perspective of financial transformation.
• Defend the conflicting perspectives that there is “nothing new in FinTech” and “FinTech is a revolutionary change in the fundamental nature of financial markets today”.
• Develop an implementation and marketing plan to address a specific issue involving regulation of FinTech innovations, businesses, or markets, using principles and concepts learned in prior courses in the specialization, customized to a specific market situation.
Faculty: Prof. Theodore Clark
Course Date & Time
Tuesdays, 20:00-22:00 (Hong Kong Time)