Design Thinking for Disruptive Innovation
Instructor: Prof. Dr. Oğuzhan Özcan
Considering today's conjecture, adapting to the changes in the world is becoming more and more vital. The purpose of Design Thinking for Disruptive Innovation is to help develop thinking skills to produce multiple, unusual, and user-centered solutions in problem-solving processes.
Within the course scope, approaches for the discovery and analysis of problems, tips for idea generation processes, and acclaimed methods for idea presentation will be explained. During the course, important issues for conducting group work will also be introduced.
At the end of the course, students will
● Develop the mindset that places users at the center to drive innovation,
● Discover the unusual needs of the users through various design thinking techniques,
● Learn how to experiment with their assumptions to minimize risks,
● Quickly express ideas with visual representations in an effective way,
● Apply design thinking to many domains such as products, services, and systems.
Supplementary readings, ranging from academic papers to case studies, will be provided. Students are expected to read each day's documents before class (reading time approx. 1,5 hours).