Agile leadership is much more than inspiring people to become fast and flexible. Speed and flexibility matter, but their value gets realized only in a broader organizational context. Agile leadership, for us, is about creating that context. Consider, for instance, the demands facing a top collegiate basketball coach. In addition to helping her players become as quick and nimble as possible, she must enable them to innovate and implement â€” together, as a team. She must create a context in which they improvise under pressure, while maintaining sure footing on known strengths. And she must achieve this in a competitive arena that's fraught with ambiguity. Agile leadership is empowering people to innovate and implement "together, fast, and flexibly" in the face of ambiguity.
Faculty: Prof. Matthew Bothner
Course Date & Time
- 5 hours per week asynchronous online student work, with each week starting on a Monday and ending on Sunday.
- In week 5, there will be a 4-hour synchronous Zoom session on Thursday, February 25, in the afternoon (Berlin time).
- In week 7, there will be a 4-hour synchronous Zoom session on Thursday, March 11, in the afternoon (Berlin time).
- There will be no class during the week of March 15
- The week of April 5 is the final assignment week.